Mark Blyth, political economist at Brown University's Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, and Carrie Nordlund, political scientist and Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs at Brown University, share their take on the news.
On this episode:
- Grading Mark and Carrie’s Supreme Court predictions
- A disturbingly warm summer for all, and the financial repercussions of it being too hot to go outside.
- Gender equality, austerity, and the financial time-bombs in English municipalities
- The Trump trial/campaign continuum
- Life under a gerontocracy
- Testing the West’s stamina for the War in Ukraine
- Unpacking the ‘immaculate disinflation’
- Google v US, and the “franchise-ization” of the American Economy
- Together, Mark and Carrie ‘Barbenheimered’