Mark Blyth, political economist at Brown University's Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, and Carrie Nordlund, political scientist and Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs at Brown University, share their take on the news.
On this episode:
- The state of the Israel-Hamas War, and its geopolitical and economic implications
- Discouraging polls for Biden, promising victories of Democrats in November’s special elections – what does it mean for 2024?
- The new Speaker of the US House does the same thing his predecessor got kicked out for doing
- Mark and Carrie push their Bible knowledge to the limit
- Xi warms up to the United States…a little
- Don’t worry about the UK – David Cameron is back!
- David Beckham – more interesting than his looks would suggest?
- Mark doesn't think much about the Roman Empire