Mark Blyth, political economist at Brown University's Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, and Carrie Nordlund, political scientist and Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs at Brown University, share their take on the news.
On this episode:
- Trump’s domination of the GOP primary, and what the MAGA-ficaiton of the GOP means for 2024
- The politics of Trump's legal troubles
- Making sense of America’s “vibe-cession” and disinflation
- Claudine Gay’s resignation as Harvard’s president, and the Right’s strange relationship to the Ivy League
- Where does China’s economy go next?
- Unpacking the calls to ban Germany’s right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) party
- Why is the UK trying to send asylum-seekers to Rwanda?
- The Super Bowl meets the Taylor Swift-Industrial Complex